Carer Connect is a program designed to offer flexible support and advocacy for carers. We understand that caring for someone with a psychosocial disability can be extremely challenging. We provide a range of individualised support to the carer in order to support them and enhance the viability of their valuable role.
The following are some of the supports we offer:
- Information and guidance in navigating the mental health system and services
- Advocacy with government services (e.g. Centrelink / DSQ / NDIA / QCAT / Housing)
- Referrals to other services and networks where appropriate
- Support with NDIS registration and planning
- Develop plans and strategies to help you deal with difficult situations
- Emotional support