Carer Connect is a program designed to offer flexible support and advocacy for carers. We provide a range of individualised support to the carer in order to support them in their role. We understand that caring for someone with a psychosocial disability can be extremely challenging and hence our service is unique in that it is specifically targeted towards the carer’s needs in order to maintain and enhance the viability of their valuable role.
The following are some of the supports we offer:
- Information and guidance in navigating the mental health system and services
- Advocacy with government services (e.g. Centrelink / DSQ / NDIA / QCAT / Housing)
- Referrals to other services and networks where appropriate
- Support with NDIS registration and planning
- Develop plans and strategies to help you deal with difficult situations
- Emotional support